Sunday, August 15, 2010

Resting in Fukuyama

Yesterday I made a big push to cross Okayama prefecture finally
resting in Fukuyama.

BREAKDOWN
Aioi -> Okayama -> Fukuyama
Distance: 135.04km

I was looking forward to eating demikatsu in Okayama but when I arrived, I couldn't find a single shop selling it. The road to Okayama was winding and hilly. So far, it was probably the most difficult stretch of road I've encountered. Okayama reminded me of Taree back in Aus. It's difficult to get in and difficult to get out but the roads in the city are great. The paths in Okayama city were superb but after
leaving the city they are terrible.

Finally I entered Hiroshima prefecture late yesterday afternoon and had a bath before I decided to find a hotel to stay at for the night. Today, my plan is to find a cycle shop and do some minor maintenance on the bike before crossing the seven bridges to Shikoku.

No comments:

Post a Comment