Saturday, August 14, 2010

Water under the bridge

After eating myself a good meal of Takoyaki in Kobe, I camped out in a
seaside park in the outskirts of Kobe. Then at 4am I rose to ride
another day.


BREAKDOWN
Kobe -> Himeji -> Aioi
Distance: 80.14km

After a short while cycling, I arrived at the Akashi channel bridge - the longest suspension bridge span in the world. Unfortunately it was still too dark to get a decent photo but the view was  nevertheless breathtaking. I continued along the coast to Himeji where I was really looking forward to seeing Himeji castle. I don't know where they put it but I didn't see any castle at all. Maybe it's invisible.


Anyway, I pushed on to Aioi which is a small port city about 60km from Okayama. There is an Aeon town here with a coin laundry and an onsen right next to each other. Sensing the destiny, I decided to wash my clothes and bathe here. I then decided to have a quick nap that ended up being an 8 hour nap. Now here I am writing this post.

On my way to Aioi I met another cyclist who suggested that I alter my route to Shikoku. I'm inclined to take his advice and ride the islands of the inland sea. I'll update the map with the new route when I next stop at an Internet cafe.

Onwards to Okayama...

No comments:

Post a Comment